OMG! As a huge musical theater geek I admit I wasn´t a fan of the previous live adaptations but as soon as I heard that Grease was going to made for live television and with Aaron Tveit starring as Danny I knew I had to see it and I´m so glad I did because I loved everything about it. I loved it so much that I´m going to break down what I loved most and what I didn´t liked so much.
What I loved:
1) Aaron Tveit: I´m going to start by saying that I´ve always been an Aaron fan ever since he starred in Hairspray and Next to Normal (my friends were literally like OMG! He´s the guy from Gossip Girl) so when I heard he was going to be playing Danny I knew he was going to nail it and he did, I mean can we talk about those pelvic thrusts in Summer Nights and Greased Lighting!, he was the perfect bad boy with a sweet-yet-secret side he only showed to Sandy.
2) Jordan Fisher: I admit I didn´t knew much about him other than he starred in Teen Beach Movie but now I admit that I´m a fan. I mean Doody isn´t meant to be atractive, his name is Doody for God´s sake and yet I was utterly mesmerized by his beautiful rendition of Those Magic Changes and made him one of my new favorite T-birds.
3) The Costumes and Sets changes: Kudos to the people at Fox for pulling them of. Some of the costumes changes were so fast and perfectly sinchronized that it hard to believe it was live televison!.
4) Vannesa & Julianne: Vannesa´s `performance was amazing considering that she was really affected by her dad´s death and put that sassines in Rizzo we all know and love. Julianne was amazing in the dances but I feel her voice was a little to flat in some songs, wich I guess adds to the whole sweet-naive girl in love with the school´s bad boy.
What I didn´t like:
1) The sound problem: I get is live television and it was raining like crazy outside but it really frustated when the music went off during the dance (it´s my favorite scene :`(
2) Mario Lopez: Not to be rude or anything but I really can´t stand him and I get he was playing Vince Fontain (which is a really creepy character BTW) somehow he managed to make him more creepy and egotistical, that is until Marty AKA Keke Palmer blew him off. And I also didn´t like the mid-break comentaries during comercials, we know is a live show you don´t have to remind us!.
So, this was my very long Grease: Live review, I really thought nothing could top my love for the movie but now I´m obssesed. XOXO